What does “special” mean? The dictionary (and by that, we mean Google) defines it as “better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.” So, by definition, everything can’t be special. But we still think a Baton Rouge federal credit union is special, and here’s why.
What Makes Baton Rouge Special
Baton Rouge has been a city for more than 300 years. Over that time, it has certainly changed and evolved. Like any city, it has its pros and cons, but or locals, there are a few things that always stand out in our hearts.
- Food: Our neighbors in New Orleans might get all the culinary attention, but the food in Baton Rouge is definitely worth a taste. We’re not just talking about the restaurants either. Home chefs in the Red Stick are always fixing up something delicious!
- People: The concept of Southern hospitality exists for a reason. People down here seem to be friendlier, more welcoming, and better neighbors. They definitely help make Baton Rouge a better place to live.
- Culture: Any town in Louisiana is going to have that certain joie de vivre you can’t find in other states. As the capital, Baton Rouge is no exception. Festivals, parties, and parades punctuate our calendars and keep us celebrating life. Not to mention having LSU and Southern right here in town. Tailgates always dominate Saturdays in the fall.
Why Federal Credit Unions Are Special
- Convenient: Essential Federal Credit Union has seven locations throughout the Greater Baton Rouge area. There’s bound to be one close to your home or office for convenience. Even if you ever have to go in since FCU is also high-tech!
- High-Tech: Do you need to have online banking and mobile apps? You might think that only those big, national banks can offer that. But Essential Federal Credit Union provides all kinds of eBanking and ePay online bill pay.
- Full-Service: Credit unions can offer checking, credit cards, mortgages, business loans, and even insurance. We’re a one-stop shop for all your financial needs.
- Independent: The most significant difference between credit unions and banks is ownership. h=Huge faceless corporation own banks. Credit unions, however, are owned by the people. Those who bank with Essential FCU aren’t just clients—they’re members. With more than 27,000 members and $330 million in assets, Essential FCU is in sound financial condition. And we’re even expanding our locations to serve our growing membership!