Essential Federal Credit Union has years of experience helping first time home buyers and those looking to upgrade secure the home of their dreams through flexible loan programs. With a variety of mortgage loan choices and good rates, it’s easy to find the home loan that meets your needs and budget. Mortgage loans in Baton Rouge and surrounding cities can be a nightmare to explore if you don’t know how to answer all of the relevant questions.
What Type of Mortgage Loans Do We Offer?
We pride ourselves on giving members options when it comes to our mortgage loans in Baton Rouge. The types of mortgage loans that we offer include:
- Smart Saver Mortgage
- Conventional – Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Fannie Mae’s HomeReady Program
- FHA Loan Program
- Rural Development
- VA Loan Program
- LA CAFA HOME Loan Grant Program
- Jumbo Loan Program
- Construction, Renovation and ReHab Loans
- Home Equity Line of Credit
Who are the Mortgage Loans Lenders in Baton Rouge?
The two primary institutions that offer mortgage loans in the Baton Rouge area are credit unions, like us, and banks, such as Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc. To someone from the outside, the difference between credit unions and banks can be trivial and complicated. It is important to know the key differences so that you can get the best bang for your buck!
- Credit Unions are not-for-profit organizations
- A Credit Union typically offers higher interest-earning rates and lower loan rates
- Credit Unions offers a majority of the same services as banks such as checkings, savings, mortgages, CD’s, and more
- As member-owned institutions with a voluntary board of directors, Credit Unions work for their members.
- Credit Union funds are operated by the NCUA, which is a federal government agency, while banks are backed by the FDIC, which typically only insures up to $250,000
The more you know, the better you can protect your money. Give your money to an institution that you can trust, let Essential help you finance the home of your dreams!
How Can I Get a Mortgage Loan?
The process is simple here at Essential! Our goal is to make the process of getting a mortgage loan as painless for you as possible. You can apply in as little as 20 minutes. Click Apply Now to complete the application. Once you have completed the application, click submit and your information will be reviewed. One of our dedicated loan advisors will follow up with you to answer your questions and and advisor is always only a phone call away if you ever need assistance.
As a member-owned and ran entity, our primary focus is our members. Unlike a bank, we do not have to answer to investors, and we are not profit-maximizing oriented. Because of our freedom to serve our customers, some of the advantages you won’t find other places when looking for a mortgage loan in Baton Rouge include:
- Personalized service
- Flexible terms up to 30 years
- Competitive interest rates
- Convenient application process
- Refinancing solutions
- Personalized service
- No prepayment penalties
- Low down payments
- No PMI required in many cases
- Quick pre-approval
- Free rate quotes
With all these benefits, it’s easy to see how we go above and beyond to provide the very best for our members. Not a member yet? Apply to become a member here!
Interested in Exploring Mortgage Loans in Baton Rouge? Call Us
If you are in the market for a mortgage loan in Baton Rouge, we would love to provide assistance however possible. Whether you want more information on the type of mortgage loans we offer or want to learn more about becoming a member of Essential FCU, contact us today!